Community Supported Brewery (CSB)
When we say we are a community supported brewery we are not only talking about our
involvement in the local area, we are also referring to our Community Supported Brewery
(CSB) membership program. The CSB program is loosely based on the community supported
agriculture model (CSA). Traditionally, Farm CSAs sell produce shares, and in exchange, the
customer receives a box of fresh produce each week at prices lower than the market rate. Our
model will be similar except we will be offer beer shares to our customers. Members will also
receive taproom discounts, merchandise and are invited to attend member-only events.
In addition to the monthly subscription, we reserve special benefits just for our members. Our CSB memberships will run in 6 month (half) and 12 month (full) increments, and members can choose to receive one or two growlers based on their membership. These options and additional info is outlined in the above graphic. Along with monthly growler fills, a CSB membership will include discounts on merchandise and food purchases. We will also have member-only beer releases and members will be invited to the annual member appreciation event.
CSB memberships will be limited to 100 for the first year. We anticipate that they will sell quickly, and it will be first come first serve to who obtains a membership. Having a membership also put you in line to have first dibs on a membership the following year.
Swinging Bridge CSB Terms and Conditions
By signing up for a Swinging Bridge Community Supported Brewing (“CSB”) membership, you or any person for whom you are purchasing the membership must understand and agree to the following Terms of Membership.
- Your paid membership entitles you to monthly receive the quantity of beer indicated for the level of membership that you have chosen.
- If you miss a month of refilling your growler, you cannot make up for it the next month.
- You can split a single month's amount into any combination of growler sizes.
- Current members are guaranteed spots for the next round of subscriptions, as long as paid by due date.
- CSB memberships will begin the month you sign up and will be a duration of 6-12 months.
- All sales are final no refunds or exchanges given.
- CSB subscriptions are for consumers only, wholesale customers cannot purchase memberships.
- You can buy a subscription as a gift, as long as the person is 21 years of age, and you are 21 years of age.
- Swinging Bridge reserves the right to terminate a membership at anytime for any legal reason whatsoever. Any terminated member may receive a prorated sale of value of remaining products not received.
- I understand that membership applications and these terms of membership make up the agreement between myself the applicant and the Swinging Bridge Brewing Company. To the extent that any materials are inconsistent with these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall control the agreement.
- Any dispute arising from this agreement shall be governed by the Wisconsin Law, and parties will agree to share costs of any requested mediation equally.
Here are a few FAQs about our CSB program.
All subscriptions must be picked up at the Swinging Bridge Taproom. You can pick up your share during business hours any time between the first and last day of each month.
The listed subscription cost includes one or two standard 64 oz growler. For an additional growler you can buy more at glass cost or choose to upgrade to a one of premium growlers. The premium growler has an even better seal and will keep your beer fresh longer. This growler is also made of aluminum and can be used for outdoor activities such as kayaking or camping. You should bring back your growler each month clean and in good condition to be refilled.
We are happy to fill other growlers (that have a surgeon general’s warning, and are clean and in good condition) with our taps/draft system.
Members receive a 10% discount on merchandise and food purchases. We will also host an annual event for members only. Our goal is to make this a partnership with our members. We encourage your feedback, and will look forward to seeing you each month!
Individuals who are members of the CSB at the time subscriptions go on sale will have a chance to renew before any new members join the CSB.
Community Supported Brewery Memberships are available for purchase anytime they are available. Shares become available by current members not renewing or additional shares being released. Check the display board in the brewery for available shares.
Payment is due at the same time you buy your membership.
If you get more than one growler per month, you can pick up one at a time, and return your growler to be filled. You can also pick up any way that works for you if you purchase/bring additional growlers. (i.e if you choose the 2 growler per month level, you can get 2 at once if you provide the additional growlers to fill.)
Shares must be picked up during each month of your subscription. We cannot accommodate if, for example, members skip a month, and then hope to pick up extra the following month.
Yes! If purchasing a subscription as a gift you are required, at time of purchase, to designate the person for whom you are purchasing it. Both parties must be at least 21 years of age.
CSB members shall be made aware of the risks attendant to supporting a true community brewery. These are risks that all small businesses take, as well as agricultural supply risks, and using local available ingredients. This may delay the delivery of products slightly different than expected. Swinging Bridge Brewing will try to exceed expectations and minimize risk whenever possible.
If you membership you were a member during that calendar year you are invited.
All sales final, no refunds or exchanges will be given.